How do you celebrate Christmas during a pandemic? Christmas is just around the corner, but somehow this year, it doesn’t feel like it’s the Christmas season yet. For one, because health is the number one priority, we can’t go strolling around the malls to view this year’s Christmas decorations nor hear the Christmas music playing day in day out. Secondly, the traffic has barely increased since people are still working from home. Thirdly, there’s no chatter about this year’s Christmas party or which song your team will dance to during this year’s Christmas presentation. So how DO you celebrate Christmas in the office in the new normal? Here are some fun, contactless ideas:
1. Christmas Zoom Party: Share a meal over Zoom (or Teams, WebEx, Google Meet). Choose among your favorite restaurants such as TGI Fridays, Tim Ho Wan, Cyma or Grab Food and have the food delivered to each person’s home. Then partake together!
2. Online Christmas Games: Yes, you can still play games in an online Christmas party! Apps like Kahoot make it easy to play trivia games. Winners can get a small prize like a digital gift voucher like yoghurt from Llaollao or some ramen from Ramen Nagi.
3. Digital Souvenirs: Every good Christmas party comes with a souvenir, even a digital Christmas party! Instead of this year’s annual jacket or notebook or planner, why not give a digital voucher to a fun store like Quirks or cool perk like a Zomato Pro membership?
4. Cyber Christmas Baskets: Instead of a Christmas gift basket, youcan give a voucher to a supermarket and let your employees decide how to fill up their own basket of goodies. Vouchers to Lazada/LazMart or SM Supermarket are available to achieve this.
5. Virtual Awards: Treat the deserving performers in yourorganization to a digital voucher in the form of vouchers that are sure to indulge – A spa session from Foot Zone, a staycation from Aruga, a beach trip to Kahuna Resort in La Union, a Michelin Star like dining experience at F’OOD by David Oldani or shopping spree from Zalora.